Eldercare Becky Feola Highlights
Author of the Multi-Award Winning Book: – The Eldercare Consultant: Your Guide to Making the Best Choices Possible
In early 2012, Feola was approached about writing a book on the subject of assisted living and her methods used in helping families understand all the issues surrounding this topic: how to know when it’s time for assisted living, are there other options, and most importantly, how to find the right community. Her book is available on Amazon.com
- PASRS (Professional Association of Senior Referral Specialists). Dedicated to raising the bar for senior residential services in Arizona. PASRS unites like-minded companies to establish and maintain professional standards. Promoting our best ethical business practices for all our members and our industry.
- Hospice of Arizona’s Ethic’s Committee Member, 2006-2008
- January 2011 – ABC Channel 15’s Smart Family Program. “Five Signs To Know When Parents Should Move To Assisted Living.” The segment featured an interview with one of the residents Feola placed in a luxurious private group home, a tour of the home and then a one-on-one interview with Feola.
- October 2011 – Channel 3’s Good Morning Arizona in conjunction with Feola’s involvement with Women Helping Women. As a founding member of this group of women offering educational seminars about various issues faced by boomer aged women, Feola was promoting assisted living along with Women Helping Women’s most current conference.
- October 2011 – ABC Channel 15 Phone Bank. Feola participated in a phone bank for Channel 15’s evening news programming which answered questions regarding eldercare issues such as assisted living, long term care planning, estate planning and much more.
- Long standing guest on Hospice of Arizona’s Saturday Morning Program, 1480AM KPHX, 2006-2008
- Dr. CJ’s Blog Radio Program
- The Dave Isaacs Program
- Serious Money with Renee Hanson
Published Articles Written By Becky Feola
- Town of Paradise Valley Independent – What To Do When It’s Time To Move Mom Or Dad, December 2009
- Generation Health AZ – The Golden (Years) Rule, June 2010
- AZ Now – Caregiving Impacts Companies’ Bottom Line, Costing Business, May 12, 2011
Published Articles Written About Becky Feola and/or Assisted Living Advantage
- Scottsdale Independent – Meet Your Neighbor: Becky Feola, December 2009
- Arizona Republic – Counselors Ease Pain Of Finding Parent’s “Last Home,” February 2010
- Arizona Republic – Caregiver Helps Others Find Assisted Living, June 2010
- Phoenix Business Journal – Startup: Life Experience Sparked Idea For Business, September 3, 2010
- Arizona Republic – Education Key For Assisted Living, October 31, 2010
- Arizona Republic – Scottsdale-Based Business Locates Assisted Living Care, January 2011
- Examiner.com – Assisted Living Advantage: Phoenix Small Business Profile, September 13, 2010
- Scottsdale Airpark News – Life Becomes Career Journey For Airpark Business Owner, October 2010
- 2010 to 2013 – Scottsdale Community College – Quarterly Informal Caregiver Class. Since 2010, Feola has been asked to present her seminar “Understanding Assisted Living” once a quarter for each new set of students that included care professionals meeting continuing education requirements and informal family caregivers. Unfortunately, due to budget cuts, this much needed program was suspended for 2013.
- 2010 and ongoing – Educational Public Seminars. In 2010, Feola realized that none of her peers were reaching out to the public through education. Their marketing strategies consisted purely of networking with other assisted living professionals and paid advertising, which, over the years, Feola found did not work. She felt you needed to touch those that seek your skills in a more personal manner. In February of 2010, she committed herself to providing free public seminars on the subject of assisted living at regular intervals. It has led to frequent invitations to speak at other events such as health expos, roundtables, etc.
- 2011 – Women Helping Women. In partnership with two other eldercare professionals, Feola created an educational series, Women Helping Women. WHW provides conferences on issues that boomer women face regarding aging. Sample topics range from financial planning, family dynamics, transitioning to retirement, long term care planning, relocation/downsizing and, of course, assisted living. Channel 15 showed great interest in their first conference in October 2011 and they have indicated that they would be willing to sponsor future events.
- Numerous guest speaking engagements including but not limited to:
- Raymond James and Associates – multiple times
- Various rotary clubs
- Various Churches throughout the valley
- Home Health Agency staff trainings